Friday 10 May 2013

Suspension

Two months of crazy stress and of recent news, crap grades.  I know I've acknowledge how hard is was to implement a part of my life into this blog, but as I grow older, it's get tougher to commit myself to this cause.  I am a bit under the weather today as well, so I apologize.

I've screwed up my grades, bombing 2 finals already and I'm still awaiting the results of the other 3 courses.  So far, my grades stand at a B and a C+.  The latter was what got to me as I've worked hard (but inconsistently) and although I felt good leaving the exam room, the results said otherwise.  That was a massive kick in the teeth.  I should know of my full disappointment by Friday.

On a happier note, I'm moving out of my dorm today.  It had been a crazy 7-8 months with the hallmates.  Some were great, most of them, not so great.  But I learned many valuable lessons along the way, as well as acclimating myself with the culture of the people here.  

In two weeks time, I'll start my first Summer life here in Ames, where I'll be working as a Teaching Assistant for Micro 302 Lab as well as being a lab assistant at the Meats Laboratory, conducting quality tests for food samples.  It's looking to be a crazy Summer already, plus I'll be taking a Summer course during the start of June (Summer's split into two sessions).  Many friends will be heading home, but there's still the awesome peeps who are staying back.  I'm already thinking of LAN parties galore and lots of cooking, definitely.

On a brighter note, I recently placed an order for a pair of football boots (or soccer cleats) for outdoor football.  They should be coming in a few hours from now.  I'll definitely be posting photos on my baby once I get them.  They're the Nike CTR360 Trequartista III FG, basically the second grade football boots, with the Citurs/Black color scheme.  So stoked for them, and I hope it will be the remedy for my finals depression.


Tracking back on the past two months, we had VEISHEA week at Iowa State.  It's the biggest event to happen in ISU and is the culmination of all things Iowa State-related.  I was the VEISHEA Parade Coordinator for ISC, having a parade entry with many different multicultural student organizations such as the Bollywood Dance Club, the Indian Students Association, the AMSISU (the Malaysians), Guang Hwa Lion Dance, etc.  I don't have much time to post photos, but the links below will have all the photos taken that day.  I also helped out for the VEISHEA International Food Fair, where the Malaysians had sold Onde-Onde and Egg Tarts.  Those were just divine...

Well, that's all from me for today.  I gotta head out soon to drop my stuff at Yan Yao's place as I'll be staying with him throughout Summer.  Will definitely have another blog post soon regarding tomorrow's ISC Grad Reception.  I'll be giving an introductory speech for the Vice President of Student Affairs and that will be interesting.  See you soon!


Get Free - Major Lazer ft. Amber of Dirty Projects

No comments: