Monday 2 July 2012

EURO

This year, my university had the live screening of the EURO Finals at the Student Center.  It was unique, so I decided to come along as well.  Nevermind that it was at 2.45 am, the issue that I had to conjure up a bed to sleep on or the fact that I had to bring my toothbrush to campus; I think a few sacrifices could be worth it.

The atmosphere was pretty meh, sadly.  And I had no kaki to watch the game with.  So there were tons of times where I was dozing off to Spain's possession play.  But hey, they were ruthless, event with a 10-man Italian team as Thiago Motta got injured the moment he got on, which was a pity.

Oh, and the game ended at 5 am.  So I had to sleep somewhere, somehow.  It was either the foyer, or the floor.  Though the foyer seemed rather uncomfortable and makes me feel very vulnerable so I opted to sleep in the car in the end.  I didn't switch on the engine so it was rather stuffy in there, but I was okay with it.  Too bad the sunlight woke me up prematurely.  So I had only 2 hours of sleep prior to college life and I did take some power naps in between class and meeting.

I guess it was worth it?
Only Love - Ben Howard

No comments: