Thursday 5 July 2012

Letting

My mom sent me a text message earlier today regarding whether I wanted a 500 GB harddrive or a 1 TB one and I forgot to reply her message.  So she went ahead to get me the one with the larger storage space.  I felt bad for that.  Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful for the gear to get me through life overseas.  But I didn't think I'd need the 1 TB storage; 500 GB was more than enough.  And that's what keeps bothering me now.  That one message led to this, and I don't want my parents to spend so much on me.  It makes me feel as though I'm leeching off them and giving nothing in return.

And as of now, there's a large pit in my stomach full of guilt and regret.  This may be a small thing to some, when you compare them to getting a car, or a house or whatever, but it still counts to me.

Sigh.

You're All I Have - Snow Patrol

No comments: