Monday 13 July 2015

Chaos

My country is falling apart and I cannot take this barrage of idiocracy for a long time.  Riots in Bukit Bintang, people waxing lyrically that sexual abuse is ALL RIGHT, racist bigots assaulting gentlemen for bringing a thief to justice, having the Wall Street Journal show reports of money laundering to the Prime Minister and First Lady in the millions... all in the Holy month of Ramadan!

This has to stop.  This is breaking my heart.  This is killing me slowly.  And I sit here in the comfort of my apartment halfway across the world in Iowa, while my family, friends and loved ones are open season to such atrocities.  

How am I to sleep well knowing that danger looms around everyone I cherish?  How am I to believe in the decency of Malaysians if shit like this catches wind of the world news on a constant basis?  How can I remain optimistic that I hold a bit part of the future of a nation as crippled, as broken, as perverted as this mess?

My heart bleeds for my nation.  This time, not in a good way.

Mercy - Muse

No comments: