Sunday 9 July 2017

Q

You'd think I'd be done with Quora by now. Me too!

But it's oddly refreshing to have my predispositions from a broken education system slowly distorted and soiled. Recently, that was my predisposition of the caring and merciful (no more) Mother Theresa, and how skewed Malaysian students have of her (go look it up).

I know I use the word "perhaps" too often to embrace life's uncertainty, but...

Perhaps in the current times of PC culture (which I've only recently learned stands for "politically correct") and propensity for disagreements or conflicting info being labelled as "fake", it's nice to have a platform where arguments are conducted with empirical evidence and by educated people.

Try comparing the Facebook comments section or Yahoo! Answers to Quora, on similar topics. I'll wait.

Sure, Quora does have a slowly growing community of race-baiting, intentionally-inflammatory questions (oftentimes posted by anonymous users - cowards), but these pointless people are oftentimes overwhelmed by intelligent humans with relevant experiences and not a degree from Google University.

So yeah, I suppose I am politically correct. But on the same token, I'd be happy if anyone could prove me wrong on things.

I am only but an educated idiot, with the Internet being a readily available source of information and as a result, misinformation.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: