Wednesday 3 January 2018

2018

It's the new year!

Two days in and I'm already down with some stomach flu and fever so that's... less than ideal.

Here's to less unfulfilled resolutions, for me, at least.

I know that I didn't quite list down last year's resolutions, as I had came up with a few along the way so I guess I somewhat got some done?

I wanted to be more outgoing in 2017, so I guess hiking KK, going on a blind date, and doing some bouldering did the trick.

For 2018, I'll keep it simple and focus on just two goals (for now).

The first, is to get that book published (going through final edits, promise!).  I'm hoping to get a few copies ready for when I revisit The States.  Liang's graduating in the Spring so you bet I'm work my darnedest to have a comeback tour of my own.

The second, and the main goal for the year, is to work towards achieving peak fitness.  I know, it's a big ask, coming from me.  However, I need to be more disciplined so I'm hoping to beat my head in with an excessive amount of running.  We'll see if it actually translates to hitting the gym more often, but for now, it'll mainly be running, futsal and the occasional badminton/swimming session.

Sidenote, The Usual Gang had a nice New Year's get-together dinner so that was great, especially since 14/15 (missing you, Suz!) of us were miraculously free that day.

It was a nice to have a Secret Santa session as well and I'm extremely grateful that Chin didn't receive mine (which was a grow-your-own-Mint kit) because he would outright kill it.  I got Pauline's present two years in a row now, and it's a knitted blanket in the shape of a mermaid.  Needless to say I won't be posting pictures of it... here.

Super Far - LANY

No comments: