Thursday 10 November 2022

Above

It's way past my weekday bedtime, and I can't shake the infuriating phone call I had over work today.

I was getting yelled at for work I wasn't aware, that wasn't in my job function, by a superior I don't answer to.

But that's not the issue.

I've been yelled at many times for uncalled reasons (discounting the same amount of things I've messed up in the past).

I'm upset at how this interaction went and the situation it has inadvertently created. Usually when I get an earful, things change for the future and people self-correct for good.

I'm unsure about this one.

Perhaps because I'm pessimistic and think my working relationship with said colleague might be irreparable. I also fear that this will disrupt tram chemistry in the 13-person strong company.

What also grinds my gears, is how powerful words can be, when used to hurt.

So perhaps as a reminder for me in a later stage, is to remember that you shouldn't get angry at the person, so much as to be angry at the situation.

Don't go lashing out at others. No one deserves to be treated mean.

Here's to hoping my brain can turn off after writing this, and that my above-average emotional intelligence (anectodal, but I get that a lot) remains intact.

No comments: