Thursday 1 July 2010

Maths & Science Competition

Well, yesterday Pn. Catherine, our dear counseling adviser, signed the entire 5 Kempas up for this Maths & Science Competition organised by Sri KDU. Initially, only me and a few others wanted to go. But after she mentioned that it'll be stated in our curriculum vitaes, everyone started paying attention... Desperados.

Anyway, we didn't know that the exam would've been so tough. The paper consisted of some Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and some general knowledge questions which are close to pre-u standards. The other problem: it was 40 questions that had to be answered in 35 minutes time. So we Kempas people, paired up with the Jatians, sat the exam. It was TOUGH! I finished it with five minutes left from time, because I didn't pay attention to what time we started. Then, the invigilator announced to the entire hall and a countdown clock, with exactly 5 minutes, was displayed on the slide sheet. I kinda stoned a bit and stared at the clock in awe as it counted down the time. Then, I timed myself to rearrange everything and be all neat and finished when the clock hit zero. It was fun... in a sense.

Our school had the highest attendance in the hall, which was 66 out of 450 students. The odds sounded quite good, WRONG! Only Danny got an award, which was rather embarrassing considering we were the noise-makers and was very semangated.

Oh, I also met up with Kaveetha there. Wow, it's been two years already... We chatted a while before I left, although a certain Yan Chee had to butt in, prohibiting me from continuing...

Well, at least I got to eat some brownies. Mmm...

I baru-baru got back from football. Man was I scared, since my ankle is still not in tip-top condition (god, I feel like Ledley King). But, I still managed to clinch a hat-trick in 5 minutes time. Maybe, just maybe I still got it... Aiyo, don't ego! *slaps himself* It was a fun day... until it rained a few minutes later...

Last of The American Girls-Green Day

No comments: