Saturday 9 July 2011

Reformation

I am wrong as much as I am right,
or so I figure.
I falter, I stumble,
but I'll try to pick myself up.
The shadows still offer their haven,
but although tempted, I refuse.
The marionette will have one less pawn to showcase.
Or so faith tells me so.

I no longer drag this heavy feet.
I've discarded some of the burden.
No longer was I encumbered,
be it by doubt or strength.
For resolve is what I thrive,
to bathe in it's embrace,
be it right and ridden of wrong.

But what is day and night,
if we can't fight against the same plight?
We are the dark, we are the light.
Still we result in nature's blight.

Wow...  I'm getting some groove back on impromptu writing again.  And it's nothing short of elation for that fact alone.

However, the recent hoo-ha about Bersih 2.0 is really nonsensical to say the least.  Anwar Ibrahim, although I hold no favor for him as compared to any other politician, was hospitalized at Pantai Hospital as result from the rally.  To make matters worse, an innocent person actually lost their life due to breathing problems from the resultant tear gas.  Why does the government do this?  I don't really know.  It's only normal that we question nearly everything.  As a concerned citizen, I do.  I just keep my head down and not nose around.  The less I know, the better.  But violence was never right.  Sigh.

C'mon People (We're Making It Now) - 
Richard Ashcroft

No comments: