Tuesday 5 June 2012

Strings


So after many months, I've picked up my guitar again, with a sense of guilt for leaving it aside.  Upon lifting my guitar case up, the reverse side showed multiple cobwebs and some baby spiders running about.  

On a side note, I like spiders.  They get rid of tiny critters without being too large to be an obstruction.  

And upon strumming the strings, it hit me that it was badly out of tune, not to mention severely rusted.  Almost 3 half steps off!  That was tragic enough.

And so I browse online for songs to play and sing to.  Before I knew it, I took 3 hours.  It was a great feeling, a little like rediscovering yourself.  And then I stumbled across this video on Youtube.

It's about a Homeless Korean Kid auditioning for Korea's Got Talent.  It was very moving, and I cried.  Very badly.  I realize that I take things for granted at times and that was wrong.  Just the right tonic to nudge me back to the "right" way.

So it was quite a thrill picking up that guitar again.  It taught me another funny lesson in life.  Or it's just me being sentimental again.  Still, it's a good thing.  No strings attached.


Come As You Are (Cover) - Yuna

No comments: