Sunday 31 March 2013

TJM

So I found some free time this week as I have another half an hour until my laundry is dried, and it's near midnight already.  Currently, I'm in the midst of ISC's World Soccer Tournament, so this weekend isn't that much of a relaxing period either.  In fact, bar next Sunday I'll be busy for every weekend until Finals are over.  Oh boy...

Flashback now, during Spring Break, AMSISU had sent about 50+ people for Temasyah Jaguh Malaya, an intramural session organized for the first time by the Malaysian Student Association at University of Wisconsin-Madison.  I remembered that both Heang-Lee and Anisa were studying there, and made some effort to rekindle our friendship as we haven't seen each other since graduation from high school.

I joined several seniors to participate in basketball, albeit my lousy skills.  The competition was intense, and we crashed out to our ISU Cyclone counterparts in the Semi-finals.  I didn't like that match one bit, but let's not go there.  So eventually we won Bronze and ISU in whole had a near clean-sweep, minus Dodgeball.

Here were some pictures of the events.  Only a teeny bit, though.


My terrible mal-coordinated lay-up

With the team, promptly named "Generation of Miracles".  Laugh now.

ISU also got Overall Champion for the event!  Woots

The following day saw us all parting ways to separate destinations.  Cassie, Yen Fei, Justin and I followed Kennard to Milwaukee, which is at the shoreline to Lake Michigan.  Here are some more pictures!

We had lunch at AJ Bombers, a restaurant which was featured many food shows.  Awesome burgers.

We then visited the Milwaukee Public Market

Before our trip home, we visited the Milwaukee Brewery!

On our way back from Milwaukee, we had a little incident.  It was extremely windy and the roads were slippery. At one point the car skidded until we went off road. Thankfully it was flatlands with powder snow so there was minimal impact.  We were all fine, just a little shaken by that.

And recently I went for the Blue Man Group performance at the Stephens Auditorium.  That was truly a great performance.

Adli and Uran with one of the three Blue Man

Alrighty!  I think my laundry is done.  Now, to grab them and snooze soon.  Gotta wake up early tomorrow!

Oblivion - M83 ft. Susanne Sundfoer


No comments: