Friday 18 April 2014

Lunch

Some funny conversation happened last week.

During my TA sessions, I was in the prep room with my other TA colleagues, when one of them, Mia, stared at me, acting perplexed.

Now, she was an oddball, so her staring at me was much worth being concerned (then again, most people in the life sciences fall into this category).

So with curiosity written on her face, she asked: "Fang, do you have a girlfriend?"

Now, this took me by surprise, as I wasn't remotely close to any girls in the past month (remotely meaning that I haven't been seen public with a single person, I usually hang out with a group of people).

I immediately played down the prospect. "No, why would you ask that"?

"Because I saw you with a girl".

"That's very vague" *shrugging with a grin*


So that whole conversation was somewhat memorable, because of an epiphany I had: I seldom eat with a small group of friends.

Maybe because it's the racial segregation back home (I had lunch with Faziera in this scenario, mind). But I notice that living in the States has made me appreciate more intimate, or at least, a closer comfort of dining together with friends and acquaintances.

I'll consider this to be an interesting, albeit casual lunch!

Elevate - St. Lucia

No comments: