Tuesday 22 July 2014

House

As Frank Underwood from "House of Cards" would say: "Friends makes the worst enemies".

I couldn't agree more.  I've done this bad habit two/three times already, and the recent one was my fault, to be fair.  But he goes to great lengths and brands me on social media, instead of coming to have an educated, and rational approach with me and talk things over.

I'll let you be the judge.  Here's the excerpt:


Him to Me:


would very much appreciated it if you could wash your dirty dishes. Your housemates need them for tonight's dinner. robbing 67% of all household cutleries is not cool.


Me: 

Washing them now

Since we're having this conversation, I would like to show you our drying rack. Notice the crusty things there? Those are opportunistic pathogens, capable of forming biofilms to increase its hardiness in adverse environments. Failure to drain habitats leads to increased proliferation of these microbes. Having utensils and cutlery placed face down is inviting a trip to the hospital and painful gastrointestinal disorders. I've been very tolerant, I only expect the same fair treatment.


Him:


Very enlightening. Tolerance is such a strong word to use considering what you have been doing for almost the past year (almost). Countless messages have been directed to me, you, george and vincent. All of us are doing our part independently. Also not washing the dishes invites pest carrying germs( which you pointed out earlier, thank you) like cockroaches to roam around our apartment. I figured you need to be encouraged and what other way to do it than online.



Me:

I can say the same thing to you.



Him:


Talking to you is like reading sarah palin's book, its utterly useless. I am ignoring you. You can tell me how much to pay for bills and all that. That is it.


Me:

You know, you're right. I'm sorry for lashing out at you. I'll be around the apartment and you can take however long you want to talk to me. I apologize, and that is simply it.



Honestly, I lied.  That wasn't an apology: it was a cease-fire.  There was no way that he would just resolve this rationally, and escalation will just fuel the fire.  Apologizing wasn't the right thing for me to do; it was the necessary thing for me to do to shut him up (and sway the audience).  

After that, I went to his room to apologize in a calm, rational manner.  What I expected was definitely quashed by reality.  Instead of a calm rational conversation, like an upset kid, he avoids eye contact and can't even justify his reasons ("I told you once and twice, now the third time will make you listen").  

Now, he's no angel himself.  Besides the contamination above, he's wasted electrical power (which comes out of my pocket, since I pay for it at first), he's wasted food (by improper storage), he's extremely loud while playing video games late at night, and it goes on.  As egocentric as it is, I know that I've done less and deserved more.  The reception doesn't equate the deeds, apparently.  

Goes without saying, you can never see the knife coming at such a close proximity.  I've grown to be a very tolerant person, taking a ridiculous amount of shit and bad things without breaking stride.  Doesn't mean that I am as unflinching as hurt.  

I'm starting to believe that I am a sociopath.  Forget the connections you can have, it simply takes someone with lower cognitive ability to muddle everything.  Brain over heart, logic over emotions.  Now, I'm just gonna vent my anger in declining productivity.

The worst part is how betrayed I feel.  That alone is enough pain to sever a heart out.

The Devil Is A Lie - Rick Ross and Jay-Z

No comments: