Saturday 4 October 2014

Dip

Dipping Dots. That's the first time I've heard of that ice cream brand. I learned that over Tong Shao's memorial today. She was interning at that company, and she was going places, although I've never met her myself. Now I will never have that privilege.

Her memorial at Central Campus today was as tragic as it was beautiful; seeing so many friends, family and strangers gather for the mourning of one of our own is the utmost touching and painful thing I have witnessed in my two years here in The States.

As James Dorsett, director of ISSO said earlier today during her memorial: "A parent's only wish is that their children live past their age, but it's a shame when the old people outlive the young".

I immediately told my parents that I love them, and I'm overwhelmed by the guilt of not telling them this salient fact sooner, without any influence.

Now I sit here alone in my apartment, with a runny nose, my third bout of gut-wrenching waterworks, hoping to reach a drunken stupor. I'm sorry, but life is a damn cruel game.

Rest in peace, Tong Shao. Send Dillon Ruby my regards as well.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: