Monday 11 May 2015

Gown

So... It seems that I've graduated!

And yet, the feeling has yet to set in that life in the real world just got a whole lot real to me.  

I'm blessed to have met the hundreds of gifted individuals at Iowa State University, and have gotten the chance to learn from them.  Looking back at the three years I've been here, it's amazing to see how far I've come from the naive 19-year-old Malaysian transfer student I was.

Going closer to the end of the Spring 2015 semester, I felt another part of me slowly being chipped away as my tenure as both a student, and committee member for various organizations diminish.  I soon realize that it wasn't the chipping away of myself, but the addition of foreign values and beliefs.  I had become so interconnected with everyone that I substituted a part of me for a part of them.  In the end, I've emerged a brand new person.

Honestly, I'm as terrified as I am excited for graduation.  I'm terrified for the raging potential my fellow graduates have, and the inner ability of our to be movers and shakers in the growing world, that's something awesome.  Nevertheless, I welcome the challenge.  Here's to life, and everything it brings.

With that, here are some photos!

During commencement

With some of the Microbiology graduates

With my parents and grandmother during ISSO's Grad Reception

Make This Leap - The Hunts

No comments: