Wednesday 24 June 2015

Quora

Unemployment has been eye-opening.  Learning to live from day-to-day with no agenda, pressure or deadlines, is extremely double-edged.  On one hand, there's no obvious end goal (like gaining a college degree) and on the other, you have the rare privilege of having time to pursue things of interest.

So I devised a rough routine for my everyday activities, which includes:

Self-education (2-3 hours)

Listening to podcasts, reading up Quora entries (which is an educated version of Yahoo! Answers, and I highly recommend it), and articles presented on my Facebook feed.

Workout (1-2 hours, varies)

Be it through the 7 Minute Workout app, or playing sports like football (soccer), basketball, etc.  I have been tubbing up due to my medication and a healthy body goes a long way, so I should definitely prioritize my health and physical wellbeing.  That, and healthier eating habits as well.

Job Application(s) (1-5 hours, varies)

Look up jobs, do thorough research, and tailor my application documents accordingly.  Because ultimately, I'd like to be employed and not deported.  Truth be told, I'd consider myself a failure if I can't get a job in the US.  There are some standards I must adhere to, as demanding as they are.





Besides those things, I squeeze in meetings and get-togethers with friends and peers, as well as some "my time" to enjoy myself (or clear up my apartment for move-out).  That usually involved either watching TV shows, or playing video games, to get acculturated and blow off some steam.

But as efficient as I would like to be, it doesn't change the fact that most of my friends are leaving, and not coming back.  Elisabeth has left for Norway, and will be working in China next year, Adli will be moving to Amana (still in Iowa) for his co-op with Whirlpool, and Savannah will be leaving for Greenland tomorrow and returning to her home in New York once she's done.  These are just some of the many brilliant, young friends that I've made, and we're slowly growing apart already.

Everyone's leaving and doing things, but I'm still stuck here devising daily routines and writing down my thoughts and emotions.  I'll work hard to change that.  Again, there are some standards I adhere to.

Comfort Inn Ending (Freestyle) - Jhene Aiko

No comments: