Monday 2 May 2016

Tragedy

A flash of red, the rumble of drums, the ensuing melee, sets the stage for my Sunday evening.

Sabr (or as I've recently discovered, "Bean") had made me her plus one for her friend's show of Macbeth in Damansara Performaning Arts Center in Empire, Damansara Perdana.

What was unique, was that this theatrical play was conducted in a Chinese Opera style. The dialogue remained in its original Shakespearean English, but with an Asian flair to it. The costumes were wonderfully crafted, and some the cast had shown their experience with stellar performances.

It was a good night, albeit a long one. The play lasted slightly over 3 hours. And although the dialogue was occasionally hard to follow due to voice projection, I could thank Wikipedia for giving me a crash course of this tragedy prior to the show.

Today, I had met up with Atia and Sabr again for lunch. We have not been in the same room together for five years. That's crazy. And although it was slightly awkward to catch up on so much lost time, I still love them to bits.

I wish I could post photos, but Sabr promised to hurt me if I do.

Going back to love, it's an interesting phase where I'm the one that's single of out the three. And it's not a competition: I'm happy for them. However I can't help but wonder when will I be loving someone intimately.

Oh, don't think that I'm impervious to emotional yearnings. That's my job.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: