Friday 7 April 2017

Python

Assistant Manager: "Leaving work so soon?  Don't you still have things to do?"

Arguably, it was past official working hours, so I've little incentive to stay back on a Friday evening.

Me: "Yes, I still have work.  But I need to be in Subang in an hour's time.  So I'll see you next week!"

I made a mad dash through the locker room at work, forgetting to collect my pendant from the locker as I keyed in the GPS on my phone to Sunway University.

I was meeting up with Miss Malissa, my Sunway lecturer when I was there some four, five years ago.  

She gave me a brief tour of the new facilities, the newly relocated, refurbished and renamed Center for American Education (CAE, formerly known as American Degree Transfer Program, ADTP) as well as the impressive new library and expanded canteen before having dinner at a nearby cafe. 

Conversations ran long as we covered a vast range of topics over the three-odd hours I was there.  But a few notably stood out, of which I should:


  1. Really, really try to find time to talk to transferring students about to go abroad and 
  2. To strongly consider the taking up a Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) position with the university.
The former is rather tricky, since the sessions are held on the weekdays (to cater to students).  But I did submit my CV to her for the latter.  If that gets me into grad school, that would be great.  I'll just need to wait and see.

Lastly, there's a NASA Hackathon happening in KLCC in some three week's time so I was invited to form a wonder-team of fresh-grad misfits.  Here's the lineup:

Chin (Machine Learning enthusiast)
Roger (Game designer)
Danny (Aeronautical engineer)
Me (wildcard, coffee-grabbing, people-managing, presenter?)

As such, I'm starting to learn Python 3x programming.  But I'm a technophobe at times so this will probably amount to nothing.  Here goes...

Send Them Off! - Bastille

No comments: