Wednesday 20 December 2017

Whim

I can't do with spontaneity most of the time: it's inefficient. It seldom works. It wastes my time.

I can't afford unnecessary things.

I micromanage my weekends and off-days because that's all the time I can afford to be in the company and service of others. It's my commitment to myself, and to my friends that I'm engaged with them at the present moment.

If I'm not fully engaged, or if that allocation goes to waste, then it's a non-refundable block of time I could have shared with someone else.

Maybe I just don't like the lack of thought put into ideas. That "being spontaneous" is an excuse to churn out half-baked, non-committal promises that one day, a poorly thought-out plan can actually work.

Until that day, I'm going to assume all (your) off-the-cuff plans suck. Especially if you had done absolutely zero research on the very thing you want to do.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: