Sunday 1 September 2019

Sun

Wow... This was a year overdue... stuck in draft limbo. Welp, here it is!

My body shifted so slightly, as the slit of sunlight breaking through the window hits my face. I tried to move, but my body refused, reminding me of last night's roaming.

I gathered more strength and rolled onto my side, breathing a sigh of relief. I've never liked sleeping on my back, let alone in an unfamiliar setting of a backpacker's motel.

From across the room, my friend awakes, her frizzy hair and squinted eyes showing the lack of sleep we had. I remained in bed, reluctant to acknowledge the start of our day.

I'll need some time to get used to this, sharing a room with a girl, seeing her get ready for the day, fixing her hair, putting on makeup, packing up for the day, and of course, cheesy phone calls in the morning with the boyfriend.

This definitely doesn't ease any of her boyfriend's insecurities of me as her friend.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: