Tuesday 3 April 2012

Cafe

Well the whole cockroach incident hasn't fully concluded yet, as I learned that one had sneaked into my room and another still lurking about in the bathroom.  So I buckled under the trauma and am currently staying at Cafe 32, probably for the entire week.

To add insult to injury, my first day back in college sees my favorite mamak (to be fair, the only mamak around campus) closed down for some "Laksa Shack" and that my much-adored Fried Rice with Beef stall closed down.  I won't lie.  I felt like crap.

But things are (hopefully) turning around.  Yesterday, my dad got some cockroach traps from Daiso (only RM 2 for ANYTHING!!) so I deployed 2 of them in my room and 2 in my brother's room.  Hopefully those suckers die.  Not to mention that I'm starting to learn how to cook.  Today with the help of my mom, I made Barbecued Pork Ribs and bruchettas for the family.  It's a start.

Photograph - Jamie Cullum

No comments: