Thursday 26 April 2012

Campaign

I was selected to be one of the five nominees for the upcoming ADTP Student Committee presidential campaign last week.  I spent three days (ish) listing down my credentials to make a good and lasting impression.  However, I failed to even conjure a single bit of vision of the committee should I take charge. 

That wasn't the only disappointment.  I lost almost all composure once I stepped in that room.  Even amongst my peers, I couldn't bring out a solid display.  That was what made me so demoralized that day.  It wasn't because I didn't get presidency, the five of us candidates were flexible on who became president; I was frustrated because I didn't give it my all.  And that just brings me down.

I put up a convincing display to tell my fellow peers that I was okay with my speech.  I don't deserve their sympathy that time.

*sigh*  Well, on the flip-side, I got a $ 4,000 scholarship from Iowa State U per year for the International Student Ambassador Scholarship.  It's the minimum quantum, with the max being $ 7,000.  But hey, who am I to be picky?

Hold Me Now - Thompson Twins

No comments: