Sunday 2 December 2012

Growth


Clearly, we all have our fair share of conflicts and disagreements.  This was the Facebook post regarding on of the major issues:




It's clear to see that we have internal rifts going on.  I would like to mention that Freedom of Speech has made this morally permissible.


Isaac, you have a right to express those concerns as you're addressing it to a friend.  However, it was rather offensive to attack someone in the open.  That being said, I can understand why you took such drastic measures as I felt this group has been inaccurately represented as of late.  To summarize my points, never rely on social media.  Go talk to the person, and get the actual message through.

As for Steffi, you too have a rightful say in this.  I too agree that someone should be approached directly if there's any concerns gravitating towards a said individual.  Unfortunately, I'm partially on Isaac's side here.  Before any misunderstanding occurs, I'm not against getting into relationships (that's a healthy thing).  But when things don't come out as planned, it makes everyone feel uncomfortable that you go around bad-mouthing about how he's a perv/ jerk, etc.  In all honestly, we've been here to see multiple similar scenarios.  So yes, we are concerned.

Let's be honest here, this group doesn't represent all of us.  We had our fair share of voices drown out and put down by others and that is unjust.  I've spoke out before, Danny has spoke out before, even Suzanne has spoken up before; still we were all silenced. This is looking less like a group of friends and more of a therapy session.  It's not as explicit as I am conveying it now, but that's the truth.

All in all, I blame the over-reliance on social media for the deviation of ideals and messages.  You have an issue, you can bring it up, I have no qualms against that.  But you say what you mean, and you take it in like an adult.  We're not kids anymore!  It's high time we stopped acting like one.

It's Time - Imagine Dragons

No comments: