Tuesday 23 February 2016

Write

Currently I'm listening to Sabr's "Discover Weekly" playlist on Spotify as I write this.  The jazz-infused hip hop and rap tunes bring out the thinker in me, and makes it easier to write this piece.  

I've a rare moment of solitude in my own house: my sister has resumed studies in Australia, and my parents are out for their weekly Qi Gong session, buying me almost two hours to myself.  Usually at this time I'll be at Studio 46, busy combing through job applications with the help of less-abhorrent internet speeds.

Not today, though.  I'm going to finally revisit my Reader's Digest works and hopefully submit one "Inspiring Story" today.  I've already submitted a handful of entries to their "Jokes" segment.

Times have continued to be tough for me.  And a recent chat with Elisabeth, who's currently teaching English to schoolchildren in Vietnam, was a welcomed change.  She's a rare friend to have, considering how few words we've exchanged in real life.  It seems that we get along well, and don't require much common ground to have a conversation.  That's a welcomed feeling.

I've yet to make a new friend here, partly down to my financial constraints.  As a result, I'm reminiscing about my friends in ISU and how we've moved on from graduation.  I miss them a great deal.

I actually don't know where I'm going with this post.  I just somehow felt that it would help to verbalize my thoughts.  I usually cope with frenetic monologues, but I've been silent since dinner.

Maybe I'll do a personal karaoke session later, since I've reunited with my old, beaten up guitar.  Yeah, I'll do that.  After I finish up my write-up.

P.S.  I'm dying to get XCOM 2.  I need some tactical workout for my brain.  Frozen Synapse, which Chin introduced recently, was pretty good too.

Battlecry - Nujabes

No comments: