Sunday 1 January 2017

Content

Umm... Happy New Year?

So... I kinda need some content for this blog.  Cue cries of "Oh, what have I become? Having to churn out content like I'm a YouTube platform!".  

Oh...  Was that just me?  Mmmkay, then.

This is was ripped off Yan Chee, who ripped it off Tumblr.  So, yeah... 

If I was...

A month: January.
Partially because it's my birth month, as much as it signifies the transition of snow to slush but never quite blooming into springtime.

A day of the week: Wednesday.
When lots of interesting things happen, but it's (annoyingly) hump day and I have to work so I can't do said interesting things.

A planet: Pluto.
Because I liked it before it was disowned, and partially because I can be distant to Earthlings.

A sea animal: Hammerhead shark.
"Just keep swimming" - Dory For no matter what happens, a shark has to continue to swim to avoid dying.

A piece of furniture: Beanbag. 
Out of place, but very accommodating. 

A gemstone: Sandstone. 
Ordinary-looking, but does shimmer under some light.

A flower: (This was pretty hard)... White bougainvillea (I dunno...)
Aptly named "Bunga Kertas" for "Paper Flower", I like to think of it as my ostensible gravitation towards writing.

A kind of weather: Sunny showers. 
Uncommon, but not unheard of.

A color: Oxford Green.  
A little bit of brains, but only a little.

An emotion: Vexed. 
I always have this helpless optimism for humanity and taking steps towards being a more progressive and inclusive society, but humanity decides to fling poop in my face at every turn. 

A fruit: Durian. 
Guarded on the outside, polarizing in the middle. 

A sound: A finger snap. 
To call something or someone out, to remind, to sass. 

An element: Deuterium. 
Somewhat around. 

A place: Bear Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park. 
Some (arguably other "me's") say I'm still there. 

A taste: Roasted chopped garlic, in olive oil and light soy sauce. 
Inherently Chinese, even when I try to forget that I am. 

A scent: Sulphur and dried dirt. 
A minimalist/survivalist who still can't quite appreciate finer things. 

An object: Adidas X 16+ Stellar Futsal shoes (seriously, look that shit up; they're gorgeous).
Infatuated with football, and that will never change.

A body part: Right wrist.
The fulcrum which has helped me save at least two lives in the past.

A song: Talking 'Bout A Revolution - Tracy Chapman. 
About trying times, past, present and future. 

A pair of shoes: Adidas Supernova Glide 3 (was initially under "an object" category)
Those suckers took me all over the place for almost three years.

So there we go.  My first post of 2017.  

Sidenote, my submissions for Micro Malaysian didn't go through (for some unknown reason it was emailed after the deadline had passed).  So I'll eventually release them in this space.  Freebies.

Ode - Karencitta ft. R-Jay Ty

No comments: