Tuesday 16 May 2017

Couple

Elisabeth and Trevor had visited KL, so naturally I embraced my second chance to play host and brought them around town for a bit, taking an extra day off as well.

After a botched attempt for Nasi Lemak Bumbung (it closes on Fridays), we had Bak Kut Teh instead.  Naturally, I over-ordered and taught the two how mixed Malaysian language command can get (I conversed with the waitress/boss in a mixture of English, Mandarin and Cantonese).

The following day was the customary KL day trip.  So we hit Central Market (Pasar Seni), KLCC, did the Twin Towers Tour (more on that later), Masjid Jamek (which was already closed for visitation), Merdeka Square, and back home for a mamak dinner (Liverpool were playing that night).

Back to the tour, we had reached all the way up to the 86th floor, which was a first time for me (previously, tourists can only access the bridge at the 42nd floor).  Although covered in the gloomy aftermath of rain, KL does look pretty impressive from this elevation.


After the customary Batu Caves trip, we returned the following day to check out Aquaria, which I have been away from for so long that I forgot almost everything about the exhibit.  This segment of the rainforest biome was really aesthetically-pleasing.


Monday was more relaxed, with a night market foodscapade at SS2 before I headed back to work (they went to Cameron Highlands the following morning, followed by another week in Penang).  So we said our goodbyes, gave big hugs, and I returned to corporate reality.

That Friday, I came back to the sight of this in my room:


After a shitty end to the week at work, this made it slightly more bearable.

Here's to hoping that I can be the "hostee" whenever I do drop by Norway.

D.N.A. - Kendrick Lamar

No comments: