Monday 15 March 2010

Another drama, another episode of epic fails...

Well... the drama refers to the exams and the epic fails, I don't want to recall... Ask Joyce

When I had Malay exams on Friday night, I was reading this article in Reader's Digest on how to count the approximate size of one's vocabulary. The formula is as so:

Step 1) Count 2% of the pages in a dictionary and split the result into even sets

E.g. If there's a 2000 page dictionary, 2% would be 40 pages. Therefore, you can split into 8 sets of 5 consecutive pages. The more sets, the more accurate the reading.

Step 2) Count the number of words in each set and compare that to the number of words you know, and the number of words you use on a regular basis.

Step 3) Add all that data for both subsets (words you know and words you use regularly) and multiply that score by 50. That would be your final answer.

I actually had the luxury of time to calculate my range. But after my first set, I just gave up and multiplied my score for the first set with the other unfinished sets. I guess I still have a life... My score's 23840 for the words I know, just a fun fact

Yesterday, I had to balik kampung for early Cheng Beng and at night, we had dinner at this restaurant named "Restoran Fei Zhai" (Fat Guy Restaurant, no pun intended)

After a while, almost all the dishes were done, but Liang and I were still gorging the remainders. So I was standing up to reach for the kailan and my S'pore cousin cheekily pulled my chair away without me noticing. With the veggie, I sat down without looking back. Gravity did the rest. I fell flat on my butt, luckily I already placed my food on the plate. There was a sudden silence and I can tell my cousin was terrified. It was quite funny, really. Unfortunately, you guys can't see it.

Plus, I set my bro's alarm to wake me up at 3.50 a.m. for Liverpool's game against Portsmouth this morning. When I woke up, there wasn't any game on. I checked the guide only to find out that the game was on a Tuesday morning. Whoopdeedo... Oh well, for the Kop I will

I guess that's it for today. Ciaoz

A Thousand Trees-Stereophonics

No comments: