Thursday 10 June 2010

New found love: Last.fm + Chickenfoot

In a whirl of boredom and a dash, okay a boat load, of free time, I recalled Sabr using Last.fm for her music. So I gave it a try. Without trying to act like a kid after watching Iron Man, I'll just say that it is freaking awesome! Because the search engine matches artists to your given taste of music, which is freaktastic since acoustic music isn't very popular in the mainstream of this era.

On the other hand,

I'm loving Chickenfoot!!

No, it's not some Chinese remedial meal. That's chicken feet. I'm talking about the American hard rock "dream team" comprising of ex-Van Halen members Sammy Hagar (vocals) and Michael Anthony (bass), solo musician Joe Satriani (guitar) and Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith.



Yea... the album art does seem to look like a foot of a chicken, but it's not! It actually represents 3 different pathways (of Sammy, Anthony and Chad). Initially, it was just for jamming purposes. Then, people started asking whether they're gonna start a band and all. So later on, they decided that they need a guitarist so they called up Joe. And that's how Chickenfoot was established. I'm still waiting for their 2nd studio album, which is in the makes. Their sophomore one is quite good, since I downloaded it. The pirates we all are...

It Don't Matter-Donovan Frankenreiter

No comments: