Saturday 5 March 2011

Bittersweet Nature

Today, Dr. Uthaya's fledglings, me included had a trip to the Kuala Selangor Nature Park for what was seemingly fun in the name of science.

We left at exactly 7.37 am, as I logged almost every incident in my notebook for the later 500-word report.  The bus had a brief hiatus at 7.41 am as David needed his Starbucks coffee from the Sunway Medical Centre.  After one and a half hours of headbanging music with Kevin on the bus, we finally reached our destination.

It was like any trip to a nature park: lots of mosquitoes, cool birds, mangrove swamps, more mosquitoes, you get the drill.  Lucky for me, I foresaw (ish) this problem and wore a long sleeve t-shirt.  I was surprised to be the only one who did so.
There were some beautiful plants and fauna around, although the otters were a no-show that afternoon.  Here are some of the pics.

 Fungus on the wooden railings

Colourful caterpillar


 Wild boar footprints


 All along the watchtower, bird-sighting


Termite mound

Note that all these pictures are taken with my phone.  Hehe.

Now to kill myself over the report.  Nuts

Lyla - Oasis

No comments: