Thursday 31 March 2011

Of green peas and idiosyncrasies

Hmm... Catchy title. Okay, sudden epiphany.  *Potential song title - check*

I'll cut to the chase.  We had Bio lab session this morning and it was on the study concentration of carbon dioxide gas released by green peas (hence part one of the title).  The thing was that we had to do it in pairs.

On a usual basis, my bench will consist of Genevieve, Rebecca and Jessica, Genevieve being my partner.  However, today Rebecca was late and it was "partnering time".  What an awkward term...  Aaaanyway.  My bench was clueless on what to do: wait for Rebecca, or stone until her untimely arrival...

*WARNING!!*  HORMONAL TALK IMPENDING.  CLOSE WINDOW IF YOU COULDN'T CARE MORE (yes, "couldn't care less" is the wrong term constantly overused)

...Then this incredibly hot Iranian girl (of which the obvious I would not elaborate any further nor state who is she.  Let's call her Miss I!!), which I've never exchanged a word with EVER, pops up beside me and asked whether she could be my lab partner.  Out of sudden autopilot-ness (as my brain crashed for two seconds), I said okay.  The bench concluded: sorry Rebecca, you're flying solo.  They didn't mind though, so I was spared some blushes.  Don't get me wrong, Miss I was incredibly efficient and carried out the experiment way before I read the procedures, which was more than just great.

So I learnt one minor thing about myself that is probably not worth the two minutes you guys spent reading on this post, which is that I'm still the jumpy kid I was back in Primary school, somewhere in the deep recesses of my often-quetionable mind.  I need to work on that.

AND I finally got a weekend free of replacement classes, with no tests whatsover the next week!!  Elated me.

While My Guitar Gently Weeps - The Beatles

No comments: