Wednesday 13 April 2011

Manikayu

Last Friday, I finally had a good (enough) excuse to skip Moral Studies: Manikayu.  It's sort of a training course for ex-scouts and teachers who are interested in being scoutmasters, and ultimately to teach the juniors.  This was Level One (a direct translation from Peringkat Satu) out of three stages.  The camp is only happens once in a year so I jumped at the opportunity.  It was rather... boring.  But it's all worth the 60 cents-worth of leather we got at the end of camp.  And the painful fingers trying to make the woggle out of that strip of leather.  Very worth it.  Now I realize that most "numbers" in life don't add up.  Well, certainly not in the monetary sense.

Yes, THIS piece of leather.  Very important indeed.

The representatives for 73rd Petaling (those standing), Simon, me, Peili and Raymond
Sitting there are Mr. Ngoo (Assistant District Commissioner) and Mr. Khaironnizam (Camp Chief)

Well, I haven't been blogging a lot lately as the assignments are coming in hard and fast.  Not to mention finals are 2 weeks away.  One day I had to face the task of completing half the results of a research paper in a matter of half a day.  That required a cup of coffee and 3 hours of drilling to complete.  Not fun.

And I finally learned how to record with my com!!  I'm such a technophobe, right??  Since my term break is looming, I can take time to finally record some songs.  Maybe write another dozen in that period.  Okay!  I'm aiming for 4 complete songs by the end of May.  Challenge accepted.

Televators - The Mars Volta

No comments: