Monday 2 May 2011

Bundaberg Root Beer (THE BEST ROOT BEER THERE IS!!)

The get together today was super fun.  13 of us went and it was a blast.

We had badminton first.  There was one memorable match when Thein and Henry paired up against me and Suzanne.  We played the front-back formation (is there actually a proper name for it?) as the opposition opted for the standard side-by-side formation.  There was one long shot that Suzanne tried to return, but the shot was already dipping and was too low to return.  She still managed to hit it, but it shot towards my arse.  The was a brief silence, then an uproar of laughter.  I had to endure the walk of shame to retrieve the shuttlecock.  The game never seemed the same after that.  On the bright side, Cindy managed to snap this shot of me.

I call this the "Spine Buster"

We had swimming after that but only the guys went.  We took turns charging each other into the pool once we got out.  Then we attempted this move Thein told us about called the "Dark Hammer".  It's darn tough if you can't find your center of gravity, as I learned the hard way.  I landed chin first onto the grill.  Lucky it was a plastic one.  The steps are shown below from right to left.


Then we had a group shot.



After that, we bathed and had some snacks at Gayithri's apartment before going to One Utama.  The one thing I find annoying about that place is that you will ALWAYS see someone you know there.  This time it was

Adris

yea I am not intending to flame him or anything.  It's just that he's nice to the point it's annoying.  I hope I made sense with that previous statement.  He has kept greeting me for the past 3 years EVERYDAY, each year with the same, nice, respectful line:  "Hi, Senior."


Yes, I'm flattered but it's goes to the point of driving me (slightly) insane.  So today I saw him with his presumed girlfriend.  Naturally, he said hi.  I must say, isn't that a little odd to show in front of your girlfriend who has no darn idea who that person may be?  And he'll proclaim : "That's my senior back there!".  Then again, I'm just being my noisy-on-the-inside self.


I bought a glass of Bundaberg Root Beer, which just happens to be the best there is in this world nothing much to it.  And we regroup where the following conversation took place.

Henry: What is that (drink in your hand)?
Me: Beer.
Henry: *puts on deeply concerned face, while lowering his voice* You okay ar?
Me: It's Root Beer.

I swore I could've laugh the entire day away.
 
Group Picture!
Efemera - Tulipa Ruiz

No comments: