Saturday 21 May 2011

Introverted?

*Before proceeding, kindly note that the average age group for the people I'm mentioning about is about 13-17 years of age*

These days months years, I've seen a couple a few tons of people just put depressing, often corny and emotional (ish...) posts about their relationship(s) on any social networking site, and they get all the sympathy their friends can offer.

I just keep my mouth sealed and carry on.  I don't need the attention.

People, YOU HAVE NOT come of age where marital status does matter or receding hair is a commonality!!  Why do almost (almost) every teen has to be so overly dramatic?!

"End of the world's today, no wait, tomorrow!". Gawd.

Though I do believe I'm some no-fun person with an abnormal case of growing up (not old) quicker than others, it's only because I have waved off the influence of pop culture that I'm ranting on the aforementioned.  Hate to break it to you poor, psychologically primed people but jocks are not all dumb, the popular people are not all plastic, nerds aren't the saddest people in the world and singing pop songs in the Glee Club will not make everything A-okay.  Heck, you'll probably work for a nerd sooner or later in your life.

It's not that I have the emotional gauge of a rock, I just don't favor unneeded drama in my life.  So am I really an introvert or an extrovert with a dash of absolute I-don't-give-a-crap?  More 50-50.  Nuff said.

The Rat Within The Grain - Damien Rice

No comments: