Sunday 1 May 2011

Clutch to crutch

I had my first driving lesson on Friday evening and it was rather, eye-opening.  I picked up the gear shifts quite fast but the car stalled twice because I forgot to jam on the clutch before braking.  Oh well, not bad-ish.  But I have to agree with my instructor, Mr. Wong, my turning is horrendous.  I have no proper perception of distance when driving.  Through the 5 laps we went, he had to bail my butt out all those times.  And his car's accelerator is darn sensitive.  I over-revved some 5 times when in gear one.

Mr. Wong's a cool dude, though.  He makes it fun when he teaches and always makes a joke to calm you down.  I mean, we were talking about girls at Kota Damansara and what not, which oddly enough made me more uncomfortable than him.  After driving, my ankles were super sore for remaining at the same position for an hour and a half.  But it was fun.  Can't wait for my next lesson on Wednesday.

To express a (slight) hint of how scared I was, watch Barney Stintson driving.  It's taken from How I Met Your Mother, but I forgot which season was this in.  Season 3 or 4.  Cheers.

And that reminds me...  My Philippines post isn't up yet...  Drat.

 Around Us - Jonsi

No comments: