Saturday 3 March 2012

Dear

I was going through game trailers on Youtube and stumbled upon one titled "Dear Esther".  Curious to what it was (the trailer didn't help one bit) I went to Google it up.  It's about a man trying to continue life without "Esther" as she passed away in an automobile incident.  But this post isn't about the game.  It's about the trailer.  It was moving, and scenic, even beautiful.  And the narrative was just so meaningful and poetic;  I just had to share it.  It goes:

 I’ve begun my voyage in a paper boat without a bottom; I will fly to the moon in it.

I have been folded along a crease in time, a weakness in the sheet of life.  

Now, you’ve settled on the opposite side of the paper to me; I can see your traces in the ink that soaks through the fiber, the pulped vegetation.

When we become waterlogged, and the cage disintegrates, we will intermingle.

When this paper aeroplane leaves the cliff edge, and carves parallel vapor trails in the dark, we will come together.

If you want to watch the trailer, it's here.

Sleep Away - Bob Acri

No comments: