Monday 26 March 2012

Plethora

I came back from my incredibly enjoyable trip at Gold Coast to learn that FedEx dropped by for a package to be delivered to me.  They came back the next day and I signed over my parcel.  What the envelope contained shaped pretty much the entire day for me.  Inside contained a letter of acceptance from Iowa State University regarding my successful intake for this fall.  I was overjoyed, considering I only applied for one institute.

And then it hit me:  I'll be leaving in 4-5 months time.  I'm going to miss this place.  The food, the climate, the people, most importantly the people, followed by the food.  I'm going to miss waking up in my spacious-enough bed, the freedom of roaming virtually to any shopping mall with my RapidKL bus card, the complete guilt-free abuse of downloading almost anything, and you...  All the "you"s you can think of.

I want to set things right, but it may just be setting things straight.  I want to learn how to cook, before I end up eating carbon as a 3-course meal.  I want to see Malaysia not as the beauty it is taken for granted, but as a wonderful, peaceful place with beautiful people.  I want to...  but can I?

I just ask for the rain to instigate these thoughts.  At least I'll be granted that, eventually.

Beach - Boy and Bear

No comments: