Monday 7 May 2012

Reflection

Woke up reluctantly, as always, to the sound of my phone's blaring alarm, only to be greeted by the cold chill provided by the sudden overnight rain.  It wasn't very welcoming, although it's been blazing hot of late.  I got up, and pounced to switch on the lights.

Every other thing was pretty much routine work: get up, make bed (optional), switch off ceiling fan (to power save), brush teeth, morning "business", bath, etc.

Only today I noticed something else.  Or perhaps, something I didn't realize in a very long time.  My mole.  I don't know...  It's hideous, but it's also a part of me.  And I guess I've forgotten much about it, which is both good and bad.  Good in the sense that I've accepted it, and bad in the sense that I still deem it as a stumbling block of some sort.  You know, I'm short of self esteem and would probably be front runner for most un-handsome bloke.  No, that ain't a word.  And yes, I'm just like that.

Anyway, it's a small thing.  This is one of those rare flaws I have that I don't really care about.  Yay, me.

Little Black Submarines -  The Black Keys

No comments: