Wednesday 12 September 2012

Beats

Procrastination, laziness and inconveniences has led to the outdated posts to be revealed.  Sorry.

I'll start off with the trip, which I took during the weekends, two weeks ago.  With some people from AMSISU (the Association of Malaysian Students in Iowa State University) we headed out to South Dakota for some sight-seeing.  First we headed to Mount Rushmore and later, set up camp at the Devils Tower National Monument camping grounds.  It was a nice trip, getting to know my Malaysian seniors better as well as seeing a part of America.  Got my foot stabbed in the process (stepped on a small tent pin), hiked for about 7 km with that injury, and getting to camp in 3 C cold weathers, it was memorable!

The next day when we returned, I missed the bus in a collection of unfortunate events.  It was imperative I got on the closest bus line as I was 25-30 minutes away from class, and class was beginning in 15 minutes time.  Moreover, with my current half-lame condition, it was close to impossible for me to be there early.  So with the aid of some adrenaline, I sprinted the 2 km stretch all the way to the third passing bus stop and got on another line, which also takes me to my class.  I was 2 minutes late, and the lecturer hadn't started class yet so I was a little fortunate.

A week had passed and my foot had finally healed properly.  I managed to play some soccer with Anton and Chris and it was quite something, being able to play the actual football game in The States.  I also watched my first college (American) football game with the Cyclones (us) beating our fiercest rivals, the Hawkeyes.  I watched it at the projector room in the commons, but it had a great atmosphere to it and reminded me a lot of the passion and enthusiasm surrounding soccer.  On Wednesday, Clubfest was underway.  A portion of the 500+ clubs in ISU set up booths to promote student participation.  I wasn't sure which clubs to join initially, so I signed up for a multitude of them.  The list goes:


- Asian Pacific American Awareness Coalition (APAAC)

- Skydiving Club
- Quidditch Club
- Spikeball Club
- German Club
- Writers' Guild
- Gamers Renegade
- International Students' Council (ISC)
- Lancelot House (Wallace)
- Microbiology Club


So thus far I've only attended the ISC meeting.  It was great as I met many international students studying in ISU.  And we took a group photo at the end of the event, although it was only a small portion of the attendees.



Which brings me to current times.  I have a new phone!!  Presenting...

The HTC One X

My first smartphone, and one that I'll (hopefully) be using long term.  Fresh out of the market, with a dual core processor and Beats Audio enhancer, I was loving it at the first go.  Oh, happy me.

Also I got the demo version to FIFA 13 (yay!) but the game keeps crashing on me (Boo!!).  One notable thing though is that they tweaked the impact engine as well as their first touch mechanism, giving the game a more realistic and fluid feel, which is a big win in my books.

That, was a summary of my past two weeks.  Till next time, ta taa.

Fa-Fa-Fa - Datarock

No comments: