Saturday 22 September 2012

Science


As a kid nothing piqued my interest more than science, besides watching TV, of course.  But then came along that mash-up of TV science show called Bill Nye The Science Guy.  The show was fantastic and made science seem all the more fun and cool, and this made Bill Nye my childhood idol (the only one outside my family, mind you).  In fact, looking back I think that was the driving force of my passion towards what I wanted to do.  And I thought: "Wouldn't it be great if I could ever meet someone like him?"

Tonight I met someone brilliant, enthusiastic, and fun all in a single package.  He demonstrated the need for my generation to step up, to strive and achieve great things as all previous generations had done.  He instilled determination and motivation in his speech.  In a fully packed Stephens Auditorium in ISU, I met Bill Nye.

My week has been made.

Burn It Down - Linkin Park

No comments: