Monday 28 March 2016

Grace

Had another livid dream today. And I'll just write it here because I enjoyed it as much as I am disturbed by it. Have at it.

Another fleeting moment, and we found ourselves together. The world around us drowned out, as though my universe had shrunk into two things: her, and the adjoining seats holding my world together.

Her golden hair glowed under the generous gift of the sun's rays. To think that such beauty was mere inches from me had me enamored. My arm seemed to have managed to find solace on her opposing shoulder.

I wish I could tell you what her scent was, but my olfactory sense was the least engaged. What happened next was out of character.

Clutching her shoulder, I pulled her closer to me. I felt her body shudder from the sudden shift, but she quickly relaxed, embracing it. Then she countered.

She drew her face closer to mine, her eyes drawing level, while her pupils unfolded her soul. I felt a jolt down my spine, tingling my neurons as I raced through the permutation of outcomes to follow.

And then, I just went for it.

I nudged into her face, feeling the softness of her cheek, her prominent facial feature. Her body gravitated towards mine, inviting me in.

We exchanged glances, and then we kissed. Our existence was invisible to the everyone else. That was fine. It was actually... ideal.

And I am not used to "ideal".

As time resumed, we parted and I felt the grooves slowly peel away from my lips. My heart felt reinvigorated. I felt truly happy.

She flashed a smile, followed by an expression I had not foreseen. She was visibly disgusted. My guesses are, she was upset because she reciprocated. Maybe, she-

"Eww." she interjected.

Yep. That confirmed it. My hand, which was once on her arm, snaked to the back of her chair. I lowered my gaze, trying to come up with an appropriate apology.

Nope. Nothing.

"I'm sorry for doing that. I shouldn't have." she broke the silence wedging between us.

And there it was. The world I had fabricated, shattering, and bleeding out into reality. Then came the sunlight, blinding me, as I'm pulled back into consciousness.

There. Another scenario of the sort of romantic I am.

Off topic, Daredevil Season 2 is interesting. Thankfully I can forget about The Flash or Arrow now. Not gonna lie, Deborah Ann Woll had a huge part to play.

Also, XCOM 2 is a painfully lovely game which is more rewarding than the already well-regarded Darkest Dungeon. Renamed my entire squad after me and by closest friends. I've restarted four missions already. Only "Adli" remains dead in my virtual game to this date.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: