Tuesday 28 October 2008

Yves Rossy, "Fusion Man"

I really admire this guy, Yves Rossy. I was reading through the Discovery Channel magazine and I saw this article named " Rocket Man". Curious, I flipped till I saw a man with wings flying over the Swiss mountains. Amazed, I kept on reading. Turns out, he's a commercial pilot of Switzerland and he's nicknamed "Fusion Man", I have no idea why. In order to fly, he wore an abestos suit like those F1 drivers to avoid his legs being cooked in the process. He also uses the cooling effect of the wind and high altitude to prevent him from getting too hot. His gadget of aviation consists of 4 jet engines and has a wing span of 2.5 metres. His invention can fly up to speeds of 299 km/hr, and that's really fast. To me, he's one of those ultimate inventors of all time. Man, do I want that!

Flying over the Swiss Mountains
His amazing device

No comments: