Tuesday 21 August 2012

Novel

First day of class was okay.  Basically just running through the syllabus so nothing notable.

And now, as Aneez suggested, some writing.

Isolated at the opposite end,
the paper can't be folded,
for it will never meld,
it's a reality.

I left with false ideals,
that I would've been cleansed,
that I was purged of all ties,
ties deemed encumbering.

Now I realized,
that these weaknesses,
these personally-labelled restraints,
is what keeps me striving,
the core of my current being.

You left,
with a smile of sincerity,
I smiled back,
heaving a wounded vessel,
the pain being internal,
you wouldn't like it.

A fraction of me still feels regret,
for the taken risk,
for the impatience,
for the selfishness,
for the impression.

Other days leave me flustered,
sometimes brimming confidence.
But not today,
memories have stripped that layer off me,
the layer of beliefs and fortitude.

No, you lay me bare.
That's the eternal beauty of which defines you,
of which I have no answer to,
for I only can offer myself as tribute,
to appease,
to be tossed around like a ragdoll,
to gain not affection, but recognition.

Today I cringe in silence,
not in fear, 
not in pain,
but awe.

That although time trickles away, 
from my very fingertips,
I would give any day away,
just to try to convince you,
be it for today, or a lifetime.

By My Side - Kasabian

No comments: