Wednesday 29 August 2012

Sentiments

I'm frustrated.
That's all I can say.
There's no blind anger,
no random blitz,
this time a focal point does exist.

Sadly, it's you.
Maybe I don't mean as much to you as I did previously,
but then again I had some value back then.

Now?
Now I'm just a face in a laptop screen.
So far from where you're sitting,
that I may not even exist.

So yes, I'm mad at you.
This will be as blatant as it gets.
About this morning,
when I said I didn't mind,
I lied.

Like I always do,
so that you don't have a sleepless night,
swallowed in guilt.
At least you're sensitive enough to feel that strand of emotion.

Funny how you keep me waiting,
even now,
in a different aspect.

And in solitude,
again I'll find the oldest of friends,
even if tears and reluctance is what keeps us together.



This is just a simple meeting.  Should you not be able to make it on the agreed time, tell me!  It's not that bloody hard!  Sigh.  I'm exasperated.

Not While I'm Around - Jamie Cullum

No comments: