Saturday 13 October 2012

Heart

So I haven't gotten time to even think about blogging as in my spare time I've opted to play computer games to unwind.  Guess I'm back to my busier self.

At the moment, I'm juggling time between studies (I'm taking one particular class filled with mostly juniors and seniors, indicating it's difficulty), being an International Night Co-Chair for the International Student's Council, the Recycling Chair for my dorm's floor, a regular member of the Microbiology Club, as well as being a performer for Malaysian Cultural Night.  Social life is not out of question and I still spend time with friends, mostly by joining them for some workout time at the gym.  With such a tight schedule, I do feel bummed that I don't get to check on everyone else on the other side of the globe.

Back to the dance performance, it's a hip-hop dance routine with a dash of break-dancing, which was rather new to me.  We're into the 4th week of practice and things are still a little disjointed as not everyone can make it for practice sessions consistently.  As such, even my routine is shoddy as my dance partner isn't present at times.  Today I was praised by my dance instructor for the dedication I had put forth in the dance practices.  And as vain as this sounds, it's nice to get a compliment regarding my dedication.

Sure, people get praises and pats on the back for personality, but rarely for attitude.  That little compliment is very morale-boosting to me as no one had ever noticed the passion and dedication I put into the things I do.  In a sense, it's as though someone understood a crucial part of my being.  Conversely, I've been placing my nose to the grindstone every day for the Recycling Chair and half the people can't outdo a rhesus monkey in terms of recycling.  I've always been early for hall meetings, although how many god forsaken times it was reshuffled at the last moment.  I've had to reshuffle my schedule and had placed much of my time and interest on the line, only to be let down by a simple: "Oh, there's no meeting today" albeit the clear intentions made earlier that day.  So for the moment to get some recognition for my contributions, it is a very welcomed sight.  

My roommate just gave me a premature apology if he gets weird on me later tonight as he's going for some drinks.  This will be interesting...

Not Over You - Gavin DeGraw

No comments: