Wednesday 31 October 2012

Spaces

Hey ho!!  It's been an extremely hectic two weeks filled with a highly charged atmosphere but I'm back in with a shout!

First of all, Malaysian Cultural Night was THE BOMB.  Great atmosphere and I got to see my cousin again (he's studying at Drake University, at Des Moines) and we did quite well for the dance.  There were some mistakes here and there, but I believe that we're a lot harsher on ourselves than we should be; the crowd loved it.  And here goes to our choreographer, Fifa, for pushing us to our fullest potential and making that night an amazing one.

Video's here and I cross my fingers that it will work.  *after a few minutes of HTML tweaking, I managed to cram down the video to fit and it works!  Pat on the back applied*



Here was part of the dance crew 
(Lynn had to continue her emcee work also Mellanie and Wilson were MIA, Gordon took the photo)

With my cousin, Kok Kuan, from Drake University after the night

Before the night ended we had a Gangnam Style flashmob and ended the night with a bang.  According to various sources, I grabbed some attention with my comical approach to the flashmob.  I'm hoping the video will be uploaded soon.  I also had many compliments by surprised friends that I can dance, which is an added bonus to showcase.

Moving on, there was a recent post on the AMSISU group about a person selling her axolotls (pronounced Axe-o-lot).  For those of you who don't know what they are, it looks like this:

How much more adorable of an aquatic pet can you ever, EVER ask for?

Pretty sure this Pokemon was inspired by the axolotl

So I Googled a ton of info on this cuties and found out it was a rather tough ask to care for them, with my hectic schedule.  So sadly, this will have to wait.  Nevertheless the person selling them is breeding MORE axolotls so I can always ask her again next year, and the following year after that.  Whoop-dee-do!

So on a long-needed high note, goodnight.

Did You Get My Message? - Jason Mraz

No comments: