Tuesday 3 March 2015

Cards

Season 3 of House of Cards was immense!  To finish the entire season in three days, with my midterms looming, kinda testifies that.

But one of the episodes caught my attention.  I don't want to give too much away, but it rekindled my sense of belonging in a community, and even more in a family.  That in some way or another, I've grown to be more appreciative of connections, to be more caring, loving, and as a result, more vulnerable (which is a good thing).

Through this self-reflection, I realized that one the biggest things I've taken away from studying abroad from the past three years (wow, it's been that long) is how much I value interpersonal ties.

When I think about situations of crisis, and how I would react to one, the outlook has varied tremendously from the Freshman Fang of Sunway University.  The kid back then would deliberate on being tasked with something like this.  But after breaking the 7-month long radio silence with my brother earlier today, I noticed that I would do anything for family, no matter how trivial the task be.

Granted it wasn't a monumental one, but it's a sign.  Please tell me it is.

On a sidenote, I had just went through my first video shoot for the Welcome Video, to be shown during the AiSO National Conference.  I hope the script and delivery was good enough to compensate for the lack of eye candy.

The conference is merely 12 days away, and if there was ever a chance to stall an event, it would be now.  I'm getting nervous just thinking about it, for the magnitude of the task, and the reaping every member would gain out of it.

It's both exhilarating as it is fearsome.  And you know my outlook on roller coasters. 

Pink Shoe Laces - 
The Chordettes

No comments: