Saturday 21 March 2015

Microspikes

Hiking in Colorado for the second time was a fun experience! We managed to cover all three lakes (Nymph, Emerald and Dream Lake) this time, and in record time (which makes me feel a lot better). Plus, I've Justin's Go Pro camera this time. The last time we went there, there was a really bad blizzard and we had minimal visibility, thus not finishing the hike.

But this trip was great in many other ways. It's currently Spring Break and I'm done with AiSO (which was a successful event, despite some hiccups); getting a much-needed break at Colorado, bunking over at Savannah's grandparents' place; getting to know my friends better.

It's a gift. And nothing less.

Back to her grandparents, their house was beautiful. Absolutely so, with each room bearing unique themes, with the earthen colors harmonious, plus a lake in the backyard.

It really reminded me of Seremban, my hometown of simplicity and loving family members. It has been a while since I've felt so at home to a place, and her grandparents were incredibly humorous, full of knowledge and compassion.

I'm not in love, I think that's a little overboard. But I do humbly, truly appreciate their hospitality and Savannah's generosity for having us stay over.

I'll leave my emotional writings for another day. Right now, I plan to live in the moment. Life's good.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: