Thursday 26 March 2015

Fire


Woke up on Tuesday, with the habitual Facebook check.  Through the News Feed, I was perplexed to see a photo of my friend flooding the page, with a date range of 25 years, with yesterday the last date.

The dread slowly set in.  A man I knew, a man who was kind, passionate, altruistic, had lost his life.  And I knew him, not well, but I knew him enough; I shook his hand, patted his back, glance him the sincerest of smiles, and it's all gone now.  

The two other victims of this incident are still recovering, and I find some respite that things could have been worse.  I wish them the quickest of recoveries.

But it is still hard to grasp the fact that you know a victim, especially one who was only a few years apart from you. I can't properly articulate my feelings right now, much to my distraught.  Life can be cruel sometimes, no matter how well-off one can be.

Rest in Peace, Sonny. We will all miss you dearly.

Georgia - Vance Joy

No comments: