Tuesday 3 November 2015

Monologue

So Jon has left for Malaysia. It's kind of bittersweet, because on one hand he's a friend, and on the other hand I'm bereft of his narcissism and insults.

Moreover, Justin isn't around for the weekdays because of his job in Des Moines, which is about a 40-minute drive away from our current apartment in Ames.

Thus began my first day of having the apartment entirely to myself. I must say, it is liberating. Knowing that no one but myself is accountable for the maintenance of the place indirectly translates to me having the place set up to my liking.

However, seeing as I'm blogging at 1.37 am (after daylight savings had us gain an hour), there are some minor drawbacks. The most notable one being a lack of social interaction in person.

Besides my venture to the grocery store in the afternoon, I have not made verbal exchanges to anyone else. Today was probably the least amount of words I have used in the past two decades of my life, even when I talk to myself.

It's interesting, to say the least. Hopefully my phone call with Savannah tomorrow would liven the mood. Back to trying to sleep.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: