Saturday 12 December 2015

Humidity

Sorry for not writing in a while.  A handful of things have been happening since my arrival.

I'm still reeling from reverse culture shock, as the overall command of English is as good as my command of Hokkein and Cantonese: straight up abysmal.  Even simple things like gated communities, serving senior members tea, and having double-notch locks are something I need time to get used to.

Somehow jetlag hasn't hit me as hard as anticipated.  Probably because I'm still photosensitive and will wake up the moment sunlight hits my face.  Humidity still sucks; I can't go an hour without feeling icky already.

Regardless, it's comforting to know that my dad (mom's out of town) is assuring with my plans for the future.  I was hell-bent to start working part time off the get-go while applying for full-time positions.  However, he is right to say that I need to slow down and get used to the environment first.

Yeah, I can't even work at the Starbucks in Damansara Uptown (literally 5 minutes of a walk away) because I'm not living at my original house now.  That was quite the shocker.  It was later revealed that the house is going through a massive overhaul due to termite infestations and we're currently living at Mutiara Damansara instead.

I suppose beating kids up at the playground (IN FOOTBALL!) would have to wait.

爱爱爱 - 方大同
aka
Love, love, love - Khalil Fong

No comments: